Building ilwis on windows how?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Building ilwis on windows how?

elikembuertey
Pls has anybody successfully built ilwis from source on windows using visual studio 2008 and can I pls know how you did it?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Building ilwis on windows how?

Solofoarisoa Rakotoniaina

Hi everybody,
Sorry, in my case I don't have this experience. Instead, I have one another problem : I get an error when executing the module correlation matrix with ilwis (ilwis 7.2). Could someone suggest me why ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Solofo


Le 13 juil. 2016 08:33, "elikembuertey" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Pls has anybody successfully built ilwis from source on windows using visual
studio 2008 and can I pls know how you did it?



--
View this message in context: http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Building-ilwis-on-windows-how-tp4025876.html
Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines


_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Building ilwis on windows how?

Bas Retsios
In reply to this post by elikembuertey
Hi!

Since you have mentioned Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, I am assuming you
are targeting ILWIS 3.8.5.
1. Get the Visual Studio project from
https://svn.52north.org/svn/ilwis/drawers/ (e.g. by using an SVN client)
2. The source files are not enough. You will still need a folder with
some "import" libraries that are required to build ILWIS, e.g. gdal.lib,
zlib.lib, proj4.lib, ftgl.lib (about 150MB) which we have not uploaded
to the svn, as they are binary files that are not maintained by us. You
will also need the .dll counterparts of those. I can share those with
you, on a temporary file sharing link (the ones that are interested can
e-mail me back). Officially we would have to make the "import" libraries
available at 52north.org , but then we would be hosting and distributing
3rd party software, which we can't do.
3. Follow the steps at
http://52north.org/communities/ilwis/ilwis-open/configuration

Best regards,

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team

On 12/7/2016 4:13 PM, elikembuertey wrote:

> Pls has anybody successfully built ilwis from source on windows using visual
> studio 2008 and can I pls know how you did it?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Building-ilwis-on-windows-how-tp4025876.html
> Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Ilwis mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
> http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
> Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
> http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines

_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Correlation Matrix

Bas Retsios
In reply to this post by Solofoarisoa Rakotoniaina
Hi!

How are you using the Correlation Matrix application and which is the error message that you are getting?
Is the input-maplist okay?
Note the remark in the "Help" on the Correlation Matrix application: "all raster bands in the maplist must have the Image domain or the same value domain". Please confirm that this is the case.

Best regards,

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team


On 13/7/2016 8:01 AM, Solofoarisoa Rakotoniaina wrote:

Hi everybody,
Sorry, in my case I don't have this experience. Instead, I have one another problem : I get an error when executing the module correlation matrix with ilwis (ilwis 7.2). Could someone suggest me why ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Solofo


Le 13 juil. 2016 08:33, "elikembuertey" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Pls has anybody successfully built ilwis from source on windows using visual
studio 2008 and can I pls know how you did it?



--
View this message in context: http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Building-ilwis-on-windows-how-tp4025876.html
Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines



_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Building ilwis on windows how?

elikembuertey
In reply to this post by Bas Retsios
Hi,
I have downloaded the source files from https://svn.52north.org/svn/ilwis/drawers. Since you mentioned that I would need some dlls and other import libraries, I would be glad if you could give me the link to download those too. Thank you for taking time of your busy schedule to reply.

Thank you,
Buertey Elikem.


On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:17 AM, Bas Retsios [via 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

Since you have mentioned Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, I am assuming you
are targeting ILWIS 3.8.5.
1. Get the Visual Studio project from
https://svn.52north.org/svn/ilwis/drawers/ (e.g. by using an SVN client)
2. The source files are not enough. You will still need a folder with
some "import" libraries that are required to build ILWIS, e.g. gdal.lib,
zlib.lib, proj4.lib, ftgl.lib (about 150MB) which we have not uploaded
to the svn, as they are binary files that are not maintained by us. You
will also need the .dll counterparts of those. I can share those with
you, on a temporary file sharing link (the ones that are interested can
e-mail me back). Officially we would have to make the "import" libraries
available at 52north.org , but then we would be hosting and distributing
3rd party software, which we can't do.
3. Follow the steps at
http://52north.org/communities/ilwis/ilwis-open/configuration

Best regards,

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team

On 12/7/2016 4:13 PM, elikembuertey wrote:

> Pls has anybody successfully built ilwis from source on windows using visual
> studio 2008 and can I pls know how you did it?
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Building-ilwis-on-windows-how-tp4025876.html
> Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Ilwis mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
> http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
> Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
> http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines

_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Building-ilwis-on-windows-how-tp4025876p4025879.html
To unsubscribe from Building ilwis on windows how?, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Correlation Matrix

Solofoarisoa Rakotoniaina
In reply to this post by Bas Retsios
Hi Bas Retsios,

I have launched the correlation matrix from the operation list using Ilwis 3.7.2 . I have used the Landsat images of Cochabamba Bolivia in the ugdata06 folder. I before have created a map list from the seven bands of the multispectral image and have previously  georeferenced all images. I have got the following error : 'Encountered an improper arguments'.

Kind regards,

Solofo

2016-07-13 12:50 GMT+03:00 Bas Retsios <[hidden email]>:
Hi!

How are you using the Correlation Matrix application and which is the error message that you are getting?
Is the input-maplist okay?
Note the remark in the "Help" on the Correlation Matrix application: "all raster bands in the maplist must have the Image domain or the same value domain". Please confirm that this is the case.

Best regards,

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team


On 13/7/2016 8:01 AM, Solofoarisoa Rakotoniaina wrote:

Hi everybody,
Sorry, in my case I don't have this experience. Instead, I have one another problem : I get an error when executing the module correlation matrix with ilwis (ilwis 7.2). Could someone suggest me why ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Solofo


Le 13 juil. 2016 08:33, "elikembuertey" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Pls has anybody successfully built ilwis from source on windows using visual
studio 2008 and can I pls know how you did it?



--
View this message in context: http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Building-ilwis-on-windows-how-tp4025876.html
Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines





--
Prof. RAKOTONIAINA Solofoarisoa
Remote Sensing and Environmental Geophysics Laboratory
Institute and Observatory of Geophysics of Antananarivo (IOGA)
University of Antananarivo
PO Box 3843
101 Antananarivo MADAGASCAR
Mobile phone :  +261 331260321
email : [hidden email]; s[hidden email]; [hidden email]

skype pseudo : solofoup

_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Correlation Matrix

Bas Retsios
Hi!

Assuming a maplist name of ug6.mpl , please re-try the MatrixCorr command on the ILWIS command-line, after adding the .mpl extension to the maplist:
  show MatrixCorr(ug6.mpl)
instead of
  show MatrixCorr(ug6)

ILWIS 3.7.2 indeed had a bug due to which it couldn't properly perform the matrix operations Correlation Matrix and Variance Covariance Matrix, when using the dialog.
This bug was solved in ILWIS 3.8.5.

Best regards,

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team


On 14/7/2016 2:05 PM, Solofoarisoa Rakotoniaina wrote:
Hi Bas Retsios,

I have launched the correlation matrix from the operation list using Ilwis 3.7.2 . I have used the Landsat images of Cochabamba Bolivia in the ugdata06 folder. I before have created a map list from the seven bands of the multispectral image and have previously  georeferenced all images. I have got the following error : 'Encountered an improper arguments'.

Kind regards,

Solofo

2016-07-13 12:50 GMT+03:00 Bas Retsios <[hidden email]>:
Hi!

How are you using the Correlation Matrix application and which is the error message that you are getting?
Is the input-maplist okay?
Note the remark in the "Help" on the Correlation Matrix application: "all raster bands in the maplist must have the Image domain or the same value domain". Please confirm that this is the case.

Best regards,

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team


On 13/7/2016 8:01 AM, Solofoarisoa Rakotoniaina wrote:

Hi everybody,
Sorry, in my case I don't have this experience. Instead, I have one another problem : I get an error when executing the module correlation matrix with ilwis (ilwis 7.2). Could someone suggest me why ? Thanks a lot in advance.

Solofo


Le 13 juil. 2016 08:33, "elikembuertey" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Pls has anybody successfully built ilwis from source on windows using visual
studio 2008 and can I pls know how you did it?



--
View this message in context: http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Building-ilwis-on-windows-how-tp4025876.html
Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines





--
Prof. RAKOTONIAINA Solofoarisoa
Remote Sensing and Environmental Geophysics Laboratory
Institute and Observatory of Geophysics of Antananarivo (IOGA)
University of Antananarivo
PO Box 3843
101 Antananarivo MADAGASCAR
Mobile phone :  +261 331260321
email : [hidden email]; s[hidden email]; [hidden email]

skype pseudo : solofoup


_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Please respect our mailing list guidelines:
http://52north.org/resources/mailing-lists-and-forums/guidelines
Loading...