Ilwis 3.8.4 crash - Create new layout

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Ilwis 3.8.4 crash - Create new layout

Peter Brakels
Ilwis crashes when I try to open a new lay out. I want to finish the presentation of my map, add a legend, north arrow etc.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ilwis 3.8.4 crash - Create new layout

Bas Retsios
Hello,

For creating a layout, use ILWIS 3.7.x or older. If it crashes during
creation, try it again by starting with a simpler Map View.

ILWIS 3.8 does not have the layout anymore, the legend, the north arrow,
grid, graticule, map border and coordinates are integrated in the Map
Window. From there you can copy it to the clipboard as a bitmap, with a
resolution of your choice.

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team

On 24/5/2014 11:30, Peter Brakels wrote:

> Ilwis crashes when I try to open a new lay out. I want to finish the
> presentation of my map, add a legend, north arrow etc.
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Ilwis-3-8-4-crash-Create-new-layout-tp4025685.html
> Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Ilwis mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
> http://ilwis.forum.52north.org

_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Ilwis 3.8.4 crash - Create new layout

Bas Retsios
Hi!

I have just confirmed that you are right, the Legend does not work in
ILWIS 3.8.4.
It should have been available as an option in the Layer Manager on the
left, but it isn't there.
I will look into it.
For now, use ILWIS 3.7 for creating layouts.

Bas Retsios
ILWIS team.

On 26/5/2014 12:12, Peter Brakels wrote:

> Sorry but I cannot find the legend options and etc. Only scale bar and grid amongs others. Where do I have to look specifically? In the HELP the still talk about Layout editor. So Layout is completely gone?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bas Retsios [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: maandag 26 mei 2014 16:59
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: Peter Brakels
> Subject: Re: [Ilwis] Ilwis 3.8.4 crash - Create new layout
>
> Hello,
>
> For creating a layout, use ILWIS 3.7.x or older. If it crashes during creation, try it again by starting with a simpler Map View.
>
> ILWIS 3.8 does not have the layout anymore, the legend, the north arrow, grid, graticule, map border and coordinates are integrated in the Map Window. From there you can copy it to the clipboard as a bitmap, with a resolution of your choice.
>
> Bas Retsios
> ILWIS team
>
> On 24/5/2014 11:30, Peter Brakels wrote:
>> Ilwis crashes when I try to open a new lay out. I want to finish the
>> presentation of my map, add a legend, north arrow etc.
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://ilwis.forum.52north.org/Ilwis-3-8-4-crash-Create-new-layout-tp4
>> 025685.html Sent from the 52° North - ILWIS Community Forum mailing
>> list archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Ilwis mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
>> http://ilwis.forum.52north.org
>
>

_______________________________________________
Ilwis mailing list
[hidden email]
http://list.52north.org/mailman/listinfo/ilwis
http://ilwis.forum.52north.org